Murphy Ford: Mission Statement
Our Mission is to earn the highest respect and trust of our customers and community by delivering quality Automotive products and services in the manner in which we would want them delivered to us.
Murphy Ford: About Us
Murphy Ford has been family owned and operated for over 50 years, providing excellent customer service, a friendly environment, attractive financing options, and a wide variety of new, certified and pre-owned vehicles. Founded in 1955, Murphy is one of the leading Ford dealerships in the Delaware County, Wilmington, Camden, and Chester area and is the only Motor Trend Certified dealership in the Greater Philadelphia Area.
Murphy offers high quality automotive service, boasts an excellent body shop, and a parts department that sells original Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury parts. Murphy technicians hold certifications ranging from Motor Trend Certified to Ford Senior Master Certified, which serves to ensure repairs and maintenance are done correctly and to factory specifications the first time.
Murphy ford was honored with the distinction of being included in the 2015 Automotive News Top 100 Dealerships To Work For in the country. A distinction we are very proud of. (Apply at murphy-cars.com)
Please stop by the showroom located right off the Highland Avenue Exit of I-95 (Exit 3) at 3310 Township Line Road, Chester, PA 19013.
Murphy Ford: A Brief History
Established in 1955
Mr. Daniel G. Murphy, Jr. left dairy farming in Chester County to sell cars in 1948 for Chester Lincoln Mercury. He worked his way up and learned all there was to know about the Auto business.
In 1955 Mr. Murphy bought the Chester Lincoln Mercury franchise from Mr. Gash Stull. At that time Mr. Stull also had a Ford franchise that had been in business since February of 1932.
In 1958 Mr. Murphy acquired the Ford franchise from Mr. Stull. The franchise was located at 9th and Sproul Streets in Chester, PA. During the 1960’s the two franchises were combined into one.
In 1971 Mr. Murphy started plans to build a brand new facility to house both his Ford and Lincoln Mercury franchises under one roof. These plans also included a body shop, parts department, full service department and sales department.
Daniel G. Murphy, Ill took over the franchise in 2002 when Mr. Murphy, Jr. retired from the business. Daniel G. Murphy, IV has a B.S. in Business and has completed NADA Dealer School. He started working at the dealership in 1999 and is the 3rd generation that will continue the family business.